The uControl Cloud PBX system allows you to “hot desk”, or to login and use your extension on another desk phone connected to your phone system. This can be very convenient in a variety of situations, including…
- when employees need to temporarily work at another desk in the same office or at another company location
- when employees working different shifts share the same desk space
- when employees in an open work space need to make a private business call (e.g. interviewing a potential employee) from a closed office space set up with a phone
IMPORTANT: Before you can hot desk, you will need to contact your Clear Rate account rep by calling 877-877-4899 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The ability to login on another phone is enabled by Clear Rate technicians on a per-extension basis.
Once hot desking capability has been enabled for your extension, follow these steps to do it.
- If another extension is logged in on the phone, you will first need to Log Out the extension. If no extension is currently logged into the phone, skip to Step 3.
- Select Services > Log Out (you may need to first press the More soft key to see the Services option).
- After you have selected Log Out, your phone will ask you for confirmation. Choose Yes.
- Upon Logging Out, the phone will reboot. After it has rebooted, proceed to step 3.
- Select Login.
- The phone will request a Number and Password.
- In the Number field, enter your 10-digit DID number.
- In the Password field, enter the password that you received from Clear Rate when we enabled your extension with the ability to login on another phone. If you do not have this password, please contact your Clear Rate account rep by calling _ or emailing _.
- Select Submit.
- If the Number and Password were accepted, the phone will restart with your extension’s settings. If they were not, please try again or contact your Clear Rate account rep by calling 877-877-4899 or emailing email@example.com.